Posted on 10/13/2016 6:29 PM By Rich Savino
The statistics are alarming, heart-breaking and avoidable. Each year 400 people in the United States die from “non-fire related” carbon monoxide poisoning; and 20,000 emergency room visits are due to inhalation of carbon monoxide. Almost every single one of them, is preventable.
Carbon Monoxide is odorless, colorless and can become an issue in your home when autumn sets in. Once the cold starts creeping, we shut the windows, place draft guards at the doorways and spark up the furnace. Shutting the house up tight may save on heating bills, but the downside is that it creates a seal that prevents the house from breathing and gases to get trapped. Any element in your house that “burns fuel” releases carbon monoxide. It exists around you every day in small quantities. It is once it is trapped and builds that it makes you ill.
So how do we prevent ourselves from becoming a statistic?
First know the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
Early symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoni ...